KAY is Your Full-service Jeweler
The pieces you love are more than just beautiful. They're part of your signature style, the way you tell your love story, or the way you celebrate family. They can be treasured investments or priceless heirlooms. For everything your jewelry means to you, KAY offers services to keep your jewelry sparkling for a lifetime.
Jewelry Cleaning, Always Free
Visit your KAY anytime for complimentary jewelry cleaning. Whether you purchased the jewelry from us or not, we're happy to give it an expert cleaning to make it shine like new. Always easy, always free.
Jewelry Repair & Maintenance
What's the most valuable jewelry in our stores? The pieces you bring in for repair. Those are often the most treasured pieces in your jewelry wardrobe — necklaces passed down to you from relatives, gemstone rings that have come to hold special meaning, bracelets that serve as important reminders. Just as you treasure your jewelry, we treasure the honor of taking care of it for you.
When you bring it to KAY for repair or maintenance, our experts first take images and plot the unique characteristics of your piece. When the repair has been completed, you receive a before-and-after view, plus a 6-month guarantee on workmanship. Continue to bring it in every 6 months for an inspection, and KAY repair professionals will keep each piece looking stunning.
1. Receive a Quote
Our KAY Jewelry Repair Team will determine which repairs are covered by a service plan or warranty, take "before" pictures, and send your item to our Design & Service Center.
2. Repair by an Expert
Next, your jewelry will be repaired by our Master Craftsmen, who are trained to restore your piece with meticulous care.
3. Return to You
After a final polish and inspection, your piece will be sent back to your local store and you'll be notified via email when it's ready to be picked up.
4. See The Before & After
When you pick up your jewelry, you'll be shown "before" images as you check results. This lets you confirm the repair services were completed and ensures your satisfaction.
For your convenience, as part of our Love Takes Care™ initiative, all jewelry inspections due between March and December 2020 have been extended until the end of January 2021. If you missed your inspection, feel free to visit us anytime in January to have it completed. Extending inspections is part of our Love Takes Care™ initiative – a program designed to help keep you safe during COVID-19.
We take diamond integrity very seriously. We use our proprietary Diamond Gemscope to confirm diamond authenticity, note color gemstone integrity, and capture digital images for planning repairs. Any diamond you bring to KAY will be expertly tested at least three times:
- When you first bring it to us
- When it's received from the Design & Service Center
- At the completion of the repair
Diamond Jewelry Upgrades & Trade-ins
Looking to upgrade? We're here to help. Any diamond jewelry purchased at KAY can be traded in for something brand new. Visit your KAY for a consultation and trade-in evaluation. Here's how it works:
- Only KAY diamond jewelry items qualify for trade-in upgrade services. For instance, a diamond ring purchased at KAY can be traded for a new diamond ring, diamond bracelet, or any new diamond jewelry piece of your choice (excluding lab-created diamonds).
- Because your trade-in eligible jewelry was purchased at KAY, our experts will be able to offer you the full value of the original purchase price (charges like tax and shipping are excluded).
- Store credit can't be issued for a trade-in, so your new jewelry must be selected at the time of the upgrade.
- Trade-ins are awarded the full value of the original purchase price.
- The purchase price of the upgrade must be double the original purchase price or more. For example, if your original earrings were purchased at KAY for $500, your new purchase must be priced at $1,000 or more.
- Pieces that feature only pearls, emeralds, sapphires, any other gemstones or lab-created diamonds aren't eligible for trade-in. For this same reason, your trade-in can't be used to purchase new gemstone jewelry or lab-created diamond jewelry.
- Diamonds that are chipped, cracked, or have been damaged aren't eligible for upgrade.
- Trade-ins can be completed in most KAY stores. At this time, trade-ins can't be completed on KAY.com.
Le Vian Designer Events
Do you love the delicious designs of Le Vian jewelry? Then we have a treat for you! Select KAY stores across the nation hold exclusive Le Vian Designer Events that allow our customers to experience some of Le Vian's most unique designs in person. Find the nearest Le Vian Designer Event happening near you and plan your visit today!
Diamond Events at KAY
Watch as our expert craftsman brings together the diamond and setting you choose to create your unique ring. Choose from a special selection of breathtaking diamonds and ring styles, brought in just for this event. You may also bring your heirloom diamond and have it placed in the new setting of your choice. Find Diamond Events happening near you.
Our experts are happy to help you create the jewelry of your dreams. From custom engagement rings to re-imagining a vintage favorite, our experts will help you bring your ideas to life. Learn about our custom programs.
Found something you like online, but wish it were a different shade of gold? Find the ring of your dreams, but it isn't available in your size? No need to worry--we've got you covered. Visit your local KAY and speak with one of our jewelry consultants to learn about what special ordering options we may have for the piece you want. By working directly with vendors, our consultants are able to special order many of the pieces we carry in varying sizes, shades of metal and more.