Diamond Jewelry Upgrades & Trade-in Services
You may trade in any diamond/diamond jewelry item purchased at KAY Jewelers (excluding lab-created diamonds/diamond jewelry) for a new diamond/diamond jewelry item that is at least double the trade-in value. Trade-in value is the original purchase price of the trade-in, excluding charges such as tax and shipping. Trade-in values are automatically generated through KAY Jewelers Trade-in Evaluation system.
ELIGIBILITY & EXCLUSIONS
- The purchase price of your new jewelry item, excluding charges such as tax and shipping, must be double the trade-in value or more. For example, if your original earrings were purchased at KAY for $500, your new purchase must be priced at $1,000 or more.
- Store credit can't be issued for a trade-in, so your new jewelry must be purchased at the time of the upgrade.
- No trade-in value is given for lab-created diamonds, gemstones, gold, silver, or other metals. Diamonds that are chipped, cracked, or have been damaged aren't eligible for trade-in.
- Trade-ins can be applied only toward the purchase of new diamond jewelry and cannot be applied toward the purchase of lab-created diamonds/diamond jewelry, previously owned merchandise, gemstone jewelry or gold, silver or other metal jewelry.
- Trade-ins cannot be accepted from customers without a North America or United Kingdom address.
- Retention Period: When a customer returns a purchase prior to 30 days from the purchase date and a trade-in is associated with the completed sales slip, the store CANNOT return the trade-in to the owner until the 30-day retention period has expired. Retention period applies to all stores EXCEPT those located in Alaska, Hawaii, Oklahoma, North Carolina, Delaware, and Florida.
- Trade-ins can be completed in most KAY Jewelers stores, as allowed by law. At this time, trade-ins cannot be completed on KAY.com.