Engagement Ring Buying Guide
I do to-dos
Before forever begins, start here
How to Shop for Engagement Rings
Engagement ring shopping can feel intimidating, but it doesn't have to be. Take a look at these engagement ring tips and learn how to find a ring your partner is sure to love.
- Research rings before you shop. Learning about metal types, gemstones, and settings can help you make a more informed decision. Learning about the 4Cs (cut, clarity, color and carat) will be one of the most important steps to learn in your engagement ring buying process.
- Decide how to find an engagement ring. You can bring your partner with you for ideas or make it a surprise with a ring you purchased yourself.
- Listen to and observe your partner. Pay attention to personal tastes and style, social media feeds and conversations about rings and jewelry.
- Visit KAY Jewelers to see rings and diamonds in person. This gives you a chance to examine rings closely and to talk with a consultant about your needs and budget.
- Check prices, selection and warranty before making a final decision. It's important to make sure you're comfortable with your purchase before you buy. Also, be sure to ask about returns, exchanges, repairs and KAY's Lifetime Diamond Guarantee.
- While shopping for an engagement ring, take some time to look at wedding rings for yourself. Depending on your tastes, you can find a wedding band that matches your partner's ring or something that's all you.