Learn more about the KAY Gold Exchange
KAY Gold Exchange
If you've got gold or platinum jewelry you just don't wear anymore, we'll take it and you'll get paid for it. You don't even have to know the gold's karatage.
If it's your first time, you will need to sign up, complete a one-time, secure registration and account set-up. Choose your preferred method of shipping and payment. We'll let you know we've received your information and that your free packet is on its way.
Secure your old, broken, unwanted, or mismatched gold and platinum jewelry in your provided insured package.
You'll get your payment as soon as your jewelry is processed.
We'll inspect, clean, sort, weigh, and determine what it's worth in today's market. You can watch all of this being done in a video we email to you.
After we determine the value of your jewelry, we'll email you our payment amount. You can choose to take the payment in a check or KAY Gift Card - and we'll add 10% of the value if you select the gift card!
A few things to remember:
- We buy jewelry made of precious gold (10K, 14K, 18K, 22K or 24K gold or European equivalent) or anything made of platinum 900 or 950.
- If your unwanted jewelry is set with diamonds or color stones, you should have those removed before sending your gold or platinum to us. We can't return or compensate you for any diamonds or color stones you send.
- We only accept used jewelry; not anything new or that appears to be new.
- No watches or timepieces are accepted.
- Don't send investment metals - ingots, coins, bullion or bars.
- We do accept dental gold, scrap gold, gold flakes and gold nuggets.
- Prices for gold and platinum are set daily. We update our prices every day at 10 a.m. ET based on the London Fix - which sets the price based on two daily bidding sessions in London.
- You must be registered for the KAY Gold Exchange, don't just send us a package.
Do you have Gold Exchange questions? We have answers. Click here to view our Collecting & Shipping, Processing and Payment FAQS.
Register for our gold and platinum exchange today and get your free shipping packet.
- Medical jewelry
- Damaged and broken jewelry
- Men's jewelry
- Personal accessories
- Scrap gold, gold flakes, gold nuggets and dental gold
WE DON'T BUY...
- New jewelry or jewelry appearing to be new
- Watches and other timepieces
How It Works
Susan registered and sent us a 14K bracelet, a pair of 10K cufflinks, and 24K hoop earrings in her packet. After we reviewed and appraised her collection, Susan was eligible for a payment of $320. Susan chose to get 10% more by opting for a KAY Gift Card, so she received a total of $352.