Jewelry Appropriate for a Job Interview
What to Wear Now
The best jewelry styles of the season
Jewelry to Accessorize an Outfit for a Job Interview
There is one main rule to follow when it comes to dressing and accessorizing for an interview: Keep it simple and sophisticated. Dress like you already have the job you want. Industry, locality, and company culture can contribute to what you wear, but it's best to keep it simple.
It is important that the focus be on you, not your jewelry. Avoid anything too bold and stick to subtle styles.
- Earrings: Diamond, gold, sterling silver or cultured pearl studs are perfect. Small hoops also work.
- Rings: In addition to your engagement or wedding ring, simple stone rings and Claddagh rings are nice options. Additionally, class rings and sorority rings may be perfect for this occasion - particularly if it will help you network.
- Necklaces: Cultured pearls are an excellent choice. Delicate strings and pendants are also good choices.
Some rules for men:
- Similar to women, in addition to wedding rings, class and fraternity rings are fine to wear.
- Other than a watch, no additional jewelry accessories are recommended.
You want to make the most of the opportunity by looking professionally polished. If you follow these guidelines, you should feel confident about your interview look. Good luck!